Address: Faculty of Economics
Phone: 022 186 186
Office Hours: By appointment only (through above e-mail address).
Ph.D. Economics, University of Maryland at College Park, United States, 2004.
M.A. Economics, University of Maryland at College Park, United States, 2002.
M.Sc. Economics and Finance, University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 1997.
B.A. Economics, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, 1996.
Committee Chair: Professor Clopper Almon
Macroeconomics, Dynamic Interindustry Analysis, and Input-Output Analysis
· “Does Intra-Regional Trade in East Asia Really Increase?,” with Kornkarun Cheewatrakoolpong, Chulalongkorn University, mimeo, April 2009.
· “Life Cycle-Permanent Income Hypothesis and Liquidity Constraints in Thai Households: Evidence from Micro Data,” with Witoon Roongruengsamrit, The Second National Conference of Economists, October 2006.
· “ASEAN and China Free Trade Area: Implications for Thailand,” with Chayadom Sabhasri and Thanee Chaiwat, Chulalongkorn University, mimeo, October 2005.
· “An Introduction to the Interindustry Dynamic Macroeconomic Model of Thailand,” University of Maryland, mimeo, April 2002.
· “Private Consumption Estimation and the Interdyme of Spain,” University of Maryland, mimeo, April 2001.
· “Political Constraints and Macroeconomic Stabilization in Transition Economies: Theoretical Surveys and Russia’s Experience,” University of Maryland, mimeo, June 2000.
Funded research projects:
· “Effects of Trade Facilitations Improvement and Evaluation of Thai-GCC FTA,” Thailand Research Fund (TRF), May 2009 – April 2010 (Research in Progress), Researcher.
· “An Evaluation of the Subprime Crisis on the Thai Economy,” International Institute for Trade and Development (ITD), March 2009 – January 2010 (Research in Progress), Researcher.
· “Demographic Effects and Changes in Consumption Pattern in Thailand,” Thailand Research Fund (TRF), January 2009 – January 2010 (Research in Progress), Researcher.
· “An Evaluation of Gems and Jewelry VAT Exemption,” Gem and Jewelry Institute of Thailand (Public Organization), January – April 2009, Research Consultant.
· “A Development of the Industry Rating Model (Extension),” Kasikorn Bank, March – August 2008, Project Leader and Researcher.
· “The Strategic Planning for Thailand’s Economic Sustainability,” National Economic and Social Development Board, April 2007 – April 2008, Researcher.
· “A Study of Thailand’s Regional Strategy for the Development of its International Trade,” Ministry of Commerce, February – August 2007, Researcher.
· “A Development of the Industry Rating Model,” Kasikorn Bank, October – December 2006, Project Leader and Researcher.
· “A Development of Quarterly Macroeconomic Model for Agricultural Products,” The Office of Agricultural Economics, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, July – October 2006, Project Consultant.
· “A Medium-term Model for Policy Planning and Strategic Government Budget Allocation,” Bureau of the Budget, November 2005 – October 2006, Researcher.
· “The Analysis of Proactive Trade Policy of Selected Trading Partners,” Ministry of Commerce, February 2005 – September 2005, Researcher.
· Advanced Macroeconomics (Master of Economics)
Back to the Faculty of Economics Home Page